- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a glass bowl in the microwave or in a frying pan over low heat. It should be completely melted and look like fondue before proceeding.
- Add the melted cheese, almond flour, pork rinds, egg, and baking powder to a food processor. Mix until the dough comes together into a ball. Alternatively, you can mix by hand but may need to knead the dough to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Press the dough into a large rectangle between two sheets of parchment paper and cut thin strips with a pizza cutter.
- Wrap the strips around the hot dogs and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Optional, use a toothpick to put little dots of mustard onto your mummy dogs for their eyes.
Makes 4 servings
Net Carbs 2g
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup almond flour
1 bag Pork King Good Ranch Pork Rinds, finely crushed
1/2 tsp baking powder
4-6 hot dogs*
* depending on the size of your hot dogs, this is enough dough to wrap 4-6.
Serving size: 1 hot dog
Total Fat: 25g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 4g