- 1Start off by heating up a large pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2Add your onion and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant. If you’re using fresh jalapeno, add those in to cook as well. If you prefer or only have pickled jalapenos, add them in last to retain flavor!
- 3Once your veggies are cooked down a bit, add in your ground beef and break it up in the pan.
- 4After the meat is nice and brown, stir in your marinara sauce, mustard, soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha and lower the heat to simmer.
- 5Add in your sugar substitute and your seasoning and stir it all in.
- 6Let this simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until a lot of the liquid has evaporated and everything has become thick and sticky. Add in pickled jalapeno right before serving.
- 7When you’re ready to serve, spoon some of the Sloppy Joe onto an Oopsie roll, low carb wrap, a leaf of lettuce or right into a bowl! Enjoy!
If you’d like to receive a new selection of Keto friendly snacks to your doorstep each month, sign-up for KetoKrate today!
Keto Sloppy Joe’s
Sloppy Joe’s are a classic dinner staple that can be ready in under 30 minutes and store well in the fridge! We like to put a little kick of jalapeno in our recipe as well as a little extra chili pepper.
Make sure to use your favorite low carb marinara or tomato sauce and a sugar substitute you have on hand.
We used SukrinGold, a “brown sugar” erythritol to help give our sloppy joe that traditional flavor; any sugar substitute will work here though!
To give the sloppy’s their texture without adding any cornstarch or flour, make sure to cook it uncovered until a lot of the moisture has cooked off and you’re left with a nice, thick and sticky result!
Note: if you’re serving these on Oopsie Rolls, dig in right away so the rolls don’t become soggy. Enjoy!
For Keto Sloppy Joe you will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced (or a few pickled sliced jalapenos
- 1 cup low carb marinara sauce (Rao’s is a good brand)
- 1/4 cup Front Porch Sea Salt Pecans
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 lb ground beef, we used 80% lean
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp “brown sugar”
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili pepper