As summer is quickly fading away, we’re starting to hear the seductive siren song of fall! Of course we’ll miss the long summer nights and the fun in the sun; but there’s something about cozy sweaters, leaves changing color, and fall flavors that just make us happy. So to celebrate those fall flavors, we went all in with a Keto “Apple” Crumble recipe that will knock your fuzzy socks off! Using the Shrewd Food caramel apple pie protein puffs from the September Krate in place of flour, and zucchini masquerading as apple, we’ve made a completely guilt free, flavorful, comfort dessert that’s perfect for a blustery fall day!
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Wash, peel, and slice zucchini into ¼ inch half circles
- Place sliced zucchini into a sauce pan and add 1 Tbsp monk fruit, lemon juice, and 1 tsp of water
- Simmer at medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is just fork tender - about 5 minutes
- Stir in apple pie spice and remove from heat
- Pour zucchini into colander to strain any excess liquid, if necessary
- Grease 4-10 oz ramekins with avocado or coconut oil
- Divide zucchini into pre-greased ramekins
- Crush Shrewd Food protein puffs into crumbs using hands or a food processor
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, ½ cup monk fruit, and Shrewd Food protein puffs
- Mix with your hands or a fork until mixture becomes a crumble texture
- Top zucchini with protein puff mixture and place in oven
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until topping is golden brown
- Let cool slightly before eating. Top with whipped cream or keto-friendly ice cream!
Sharon37 weeks ago