These chicken thighs are juicy, crispy and flavorful. You wouldn’t believe they can be ready to serve in under an hour. They bake in the oven while you prep the rest of your meal for an easy, low carb dinner any day of the week. I suggest green beans – they’re a great addition to this meal.
In this recipe, I used fresh sprigs of rosemary for an unbeatable flavor, as well as fresh lemons. If you can get it fresh, I always recommend it!
- Heat up a cast iron skillet on high heat and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season your chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, place the thighs in skin side down and let them sear until nice and brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Then flip them over so the skin side is up and flavor the thighs by cutting a lemon in half and squeezing out as much juice as you can. Quarter the remaining lemon halves and throw them into the pan. The oils from the rind will flavor the chicken thighs further when baking.
- Roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic and add them in to the skillet as well as some fresh rosemary.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and add some butter to the tops of the chicken thighs to add flavor, moisture and extra crispiness. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with some sautéed green beans and enjoy!
Dianne Goss9 weeks ago
incarkill18 weeks ago
Enharne42 weeks ago