This technique is borrowed from the popular Hasselback potatoes, but the results are even more delicious!
It’s essentially a spicy stuffed chicken breast, seared and baked to a juicy perfection.
For our Hasselback chicken recipe we decided to use some of our favorite spicy sandwich ingredients – jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. Of course, a keto recipe would be incomplete without bacon so we added that as well!
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
- Cut slits in your chicken breast width-wise almost all the way through.
- Place a slice or a sprinkle of pepper jack cheese along with some jalapeno slices into each slit. Season with salt and pepper in this step as well.
- Using 2 slices of bacon, wrap the chicken breast as much as possible and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- In an oven-safe pan on medium-high heat, sear all sides of the chicken so that the bacon gets a head start on crisping up. This should take about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once your bacon is almost cooked, place the pan into your preheated oven for 15 minutes for the chicken to cook through.
- Once that’s cooked, serve your Hasselback chicken on a bed of spinach and enjoy with a dollop of sour cream!